A few handy tips when starting a search for a new job:
- Searching for a job is a job in itself – so treat it like on
- Prepare a CV before you even begin searching; you might see the perfect opportunity straight away so you will need to be prepared
- Let agencies and employers come to you; register with job boards to post your profile and CV, use social media sites to promote yourself
- Contact agencies; find out which agencies recruit for the positions you are looking for e.g. engineering recruitment agencies, view their job vacancies on their website, send your CV and give them a call
- Re-write your CV; different agencies or employers will have different requirements for different vacancies so make sure your CV is appropriate
- Job boards; sign up with as many as possible and search for some of the smaller, lesser know job boards. They may have fewer advertised vacancies but then they can also have fewer applicants.